Autovial™ Syringeless Filters are preassembled filtration devices for removing particulates from samples. They replace syringe-coupled filtration devices with single, disposable units.
Autovial™ devices are comprised of two parts: a graduated filter barrel and a plunger. The proven design features an integral filter, built-in air purge and a support stand that protects the recessed slip-luer tip. They are available in a 5 mL and 12 mL volume capacity.
The Autovial™ filter is selected according to membrane compatibility with the sample. In practice, the sample is poured into the 5 mL or 12 mL capacity filter barrel. A plunger is inserted into the barrel until the bottom is securely in place; there is a gap of air between the sample and plunger. Then, the tip of the Autovial is placed into the mouth of an autosampler vial or container and the plunger compressed. Filtration begins immediately and, as the plunger is compressed until it reaches the bottom, the membrane is purged with air for maximum sample recovery. For direct instrument injection, a needle is placed on the Autovial slip-luer outlet.
Features and Benefits
• Single unit convenience saves time. No assembly required &; easier to load.
• Choice of filter media. Compatible with a wide range of sample types.
• Ideal for hazardous samples. Self contained device eliminates risk of filter pop-off.
• Built-in air purge maximizes sample recovery
• Sterile option available to maintain sample integrity
• Unique prefilter design for difficult-to-filter samples
Autovial membranes are available for various applications:
• CA: Cellulose Acetate - low non-specific protein binding and high loading capacity membrane for biological solutions
• GMF: Glass microfiber depth filter for samples in aqueous or organic solutions
• NYL: Nylon membrane for aqueous and organic samples within a pH range of 3-10
• PTFE: Polytetrafluorethylene - PTFE membrane for samples with > 50% organic solvent
• PVDF: Polyvinylidene Fluoride - low non-specific protein binding membrane for samples in aqueous solutions and/or organic solvents
• PSU: Polysulfone &; low non-specific protein binding membrane for samples in aqueous solutions
Patent # 4,859,336
Typical Data - Autovial™ Syringeless Filters
|Autovial™ 5||Autovial™ 12|
|Filtration Area||1.7 cm 2||3.0cm 2|
|Capacity||5 mL||12 mL|
|Volume 'Hold Up'||30 µL||140µL|
|Outlet Connection||Male slip luer||Male slip luer|
|Autoclavable||121° C for 20 minutes||121° C for 20 minutes|